冥想并不是要你控制念头!Meditation is NOT about Controlling Your Thoughts
上周在墨大佛学社,有位同学分享说她觉得冥想很难,因为她以为冥想就是要控制自己的念头。
Last week at the Melbourne University Buddhist Society, a student shared that she found meditation difficult because she thought it meant controlling her thoughts.
其实,这也是很多人的误解——哈哈,曾几何时,我在真正学习之前,也以为冥想就是要控制念头。
In fact, this is a very common misunderstanding—I once thought the same before I truly learned how to meditate.
但我告诉她,冥想并不是要控制你的念头,而是保持觉知。
But I told her that meditation is not about controlling your thoughts—it is about awareness.
你只是清楚地知道:此刻有很多妄念生起,但并不需要去压制或对抗它们。
You simply recognise that many thoughts are arising, without needing to suppress or fight them.
有时候,你越想控制,妄念反而来得越猛、越多。
Sometimes, the more you try to control your thoughts, the stronger and more numerous they become.
就像你越想控制一个顽皮的孩子,他反而会变得更加叛逆。
It’s like trying to control a mischievous child—the more you control, the more rebellious they become.
冥想,是保持觉知与觉察。
Meditation is about maintaining awareness and mindfulness.
知道念头在,但不被它们牵着走。
Knowing thoughts are present, but not being carried away by them.
那怎样才能不被妄念牵着走呢?
So how do we avoid being carried away?
关键在于给心一个“锚点”。
The key is to give the mind an anchor.
比如说——阿弥陀佛。
For example—Amitabha.
把心轻轻安住在佛号上,当妄念生起时,不需要排斥,也不需要跟随。
Gently place your mind on the Name. When thoughts arise, do not resist them and do not follow them.
只是一次又一次地,把心带回佛号。
Simply return, again and again, to the Name.
持续练习,当你发现心跟着妄念跑时,只要提起佛号,就能把心拉回来。
With continued practice, whenever the mind wanders, bringing up the Name will guide it back.
安住于当下,你就不会那么容易被妄念带走。
Resting in the present, you will no longer be easily carried away by thoughts.
所以,真正的冥想,并不是控制什么,而是保持觉知,并给心一个安住之处。
So true meditation is not about control, but about awareness—with a place for the mind to rest.
阿弥陀佛的名号,正是我们本具的心性——无量光、无量寿。
The Name Amitabha represents our inherent nature—Infinite Light and Infinite Life.
还有什么,比安住在佛号上更让人放松、安定的呢?
What could be more calming than resting the mind in this sacred Name?
下次当你觉得烦躁、妄念很多时,不妨试着念佛:
The next time you feel restless or overwhelmed by thoughts, try reciting:
阿弥陀佛,阿弥陀佛,阿弥陀佛……
Amituofo… Amituofo… Amituofo…
如古德所言:
As the ancient masters said:
“清珠投于浊水,浊水不得不清。”
“When a pure pearl is placed in muddy water, the water cannot remain impure.”
慢慢地,你会发现,内心越来越清净,自性的光明也会逐渐显现。
Gradually, your mind will become clearer, and the light of your true nature will begin to shine.
敬请常念南无阿弥陀佛
May you often recite Namo Amitabha